SATELLITE SOLUTIONS FOR MEDICINE
The quality of emergency medical services mostly depends on the speed of response, speed of arrival of the ambulance crew to a patient. Any delay of an ambulance crew departure, driver mistake when accomplishing a route or delay of the dispatch center operator can lead to the irreversible results for the patient's life.
The offered system on the basis of satellite monitoring from the Benish GPS company is capable to supervise and provide effective use of over one thousand vehicles both across all Ukraine, and in certain regions independently from each other.
Implementation of satellite monitoring gives the following advantages:
- High-quality optimization of routes from any location of the ambulance crew to a call place;
- Constant and reliable control of transport location;
- Reduction of cases of the established standards over-limits;
- Control, management and recalculation of routes in real time, for example in cases of any jam;
- Safety of drivers and vehicles;
- Exception of an inappropriate usage of machinery;
- Stability in healthcare;
- Efficiency of vehicles use;
- Reduction of fuel expenses and other related costs;
- Reduction of expenses on mobile communication.
The system from the Benish GPS company will allow the ambulance services to reduce response time for calling a doctor to the concrete region by means of faster, coordinated dispatching and management, irrespective of ambulance crew subordination.
Also, the offered system carries out the centrally managed targeted data from all ambulance crews that allows keeping statistics, to carrying out its review for the implementation of administrative and sanitary action, such as quarantine in case of epidemiological limit elevation of influenza virus in the region, province, city.
The system working principle for an emergency medical service is shown in the figure below:
Each ambulance car is equipped with the special communication device which provides:
- Vehicle position determination by the GPS signals, transmitted from a few satellites and these coordinate data transmission by means of the GSM/GPRS channel to the local dispatching center for further processing;
- Connection of the dispatching center with an ambulance crew by the GSM/GPRS channel. This channel gives an opportunity to receive both voice and text messages (in digital form) that allows transferring information about the call, about the patient's condition and to print necessary data with the help of the special printer installed in the ambulance car;
- Possibility to connect additional patient care devices. For example, the digital electrocardiograph or mobile ultrasonography to transmit patient information directly from the ambulance car from a place of patient hospitalization that will significantly save time of establishing diagnosis and, in case of patient surgical emergency will accelerate preparation of operating doctors.
Doctors, in particular, rural duty paramedics, have at their disposal specialized mobile terminals which also fix coordinates of the current location and are programmed for voice communication with the necessary subscribers (the main dispatching center, a reception of the nearest hospital, the doctor on duty in regional hospital). The doctor can inform the dispatching center about the necessity of patient hospitalization and specify information about the patient’s medical condition. The rural paramedic, having analyzed a problem, can consult with the doctor on duty of the nearest clinic or report to the dispatcher about need of hospitalization of the patient.
The local dispatching center of ambulance is a coordinator of all doctors and ambulance crews. Each dispatcher of such center has the map of the responsible district and surrounding areas on the monitor. The map shows in real time the status of the crew and its current location on the map.
As a part of this solution the following products are used: